Thursday, August 5, 2010

Slowly getting through

I ran into at WaWa today one of the Scout Dads' who spent the first part of the week up at camp with the boys....he said some were a little homesick and all were having a really good time! YAY I do miss Stef being around the house. Holding things together at work...whatever happened to when the cats away the mice will play??? Looking forward to seeing my brother Dave this weekend, he has some meetings in Maryland on Monday & Tuesday and will fly to NJ tomorrow spend the weekend here and then head to Maryland on Sunday night. Allie is hoping to meet up with him for dinner on Monday night and hopefully I'll be able to get Allie off a carebox with him...fingers crossed!
The weather here continues to be hazy....hot.....and you guessed it humid. No break in sight.....ugh! We had a wonderful time at my Aunt Lu & Uncle Bob's 5oth Anniversary on Saturday night and dinner with Bill's cousins on Sunday night. I keep looking at things around the house thinking about what we will be taking to NC next year and what we will be leaving behind.....I know you can't leave your memories and love behind they will always be with you.
I'm slowly adjusting to Allie being a married woman and someone's wife as is she! It's not easy letting go but as they say in my work let go and let God...so that is what I am doing....always here for both my kids but letting them live their own lives. I sure do miss having them around! There's nothing in the world as sweet as peeking into your child's room and watching them peacefully sleep and kissing their forehead ....just because you can!
No word on Mom's purse from NC so I guess it's gone for good....rat ass bastards that took it ...no good will come from what they did....I truly believe in Bad Karma or is it Catholic Guilt?????
Looking forward to going to NC at the end of the month when Stef finishes Day Camp, he gets home from Boy Scout Camp on Saturday morning/afternoon and then leaves with his Day Camp for Toronto on Monday...the summer is almost over and I feel cheated this year that I didn't have a summer with him! Looking forward to being able to spend time with Bill and Stef and to reconnect as a family....if only Allie & Ryan could join us it would be PERFECT! To wish......

No comments:

Post a Comment