Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thank God it's Thursday (-:

As of Memorial Day our office started "Summer Hours" YAY At least now I have an opportunity to get the laundry, housework and gardening done and still feel like I have a weekend. Stefan is going camping this weekend with the Boy Scouts to Dutch Spring (scuba/snorkeling/swimming park which really an abandoned strip mine) and Bill is not doing this trip with Stefan. This makes Stefan and me happy. As much as Bill tries to go on Stefan's scouting trips he can't possibly make them all. The reasons are many but leaving work early on Fridays really puts him behind at work and he pays the price for it all week. We finished painting Stefan's mancave aka Allie's old room on Monday and have a few minor things to do before he officially moves in and makes it his own. The weekend looks to be hot, hazy and humid...typically NJ! Work has been really crazy lately. We have a funeral and wedding on Saturday and two Confirmation masses on Sunday with 90 young adults getting confirmed. On top of this Fr. Tom called me today to tell me that his brother Michael is in the hospital with a grapefruit sized tumor on one of his kidneys....some people just can't get a break....he has his father and his two nieces living with him and his wife....so they already have a full plate....prayers please. I also found out that my cousin had a second miscarriage....so sad. There are so many people out there who want babies....heartbreaking to think that babies have become expendible. Prayers again please. Starting to look forward to the July 4th weekend Stefan and I are flying down to our home in North Carolina with my parents for the holiday. My mom is turning 85 on July 3rd and my dad will be 88 on August 9th and I really want them to see the house while they are both healthy enough to make the trip. There might be some more surprises in store for them when they get there. Hope it all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment