Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

As I said before why do people wish each other a Happy Memorial Day......I'm not difficult but it is not a happy day.....After watching Ryan deploy in July and seeing the person who returned....knowing the terror Allie felt at home....and to think Ryan was one of the lucky ones. I remember growing up and watching the Memorial Day Parade on my Aunt Ethel's front porch. Seeing my dads' eyes well up with tears and not quite understanding why......years later I fully get it. Yes we should be able to relax, barbeque and have the company of friends and family.....BUT NOT before we remember that the freedoms we have and the ones we enjoy are there because someone fought for our right to be able to enjoy them. God Bless America and our military! And for all for fought the fight and have fallen....may they rest in peace through the mercy of God! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment