Friday, September 17, 2010

And it begins....


Did I ever mention here how much I love summer and the downtime it affords families to regroup and refresh. I do. I am in the minority .....I am not one of those moms who loves when the school year begins and the kids go back to school. I hate school and the invasion of my time with my kids. I hate the homework, the projects ( which we all know the kids don't do, the parents do ), if you have the rare child who does the project with no parental help consider yourself blessed. The running around and coordinating of the whole project issue is an intrusion in my life. Hello teachers are you listening? Projects should be done in school not at home on the weekends and nights that is my time not yours. Stefan is playing travel soccer this year which involves practices on Tuesday and Thursday. We have Religious Formation class on Monday evenings and Tae Kwon Do on Wednesday and Friday and soccer games on Sundays. Throw a full time job into the mix along with a house and a husband and presto it is one big stress ball!
My life has been reduced to emails to my husband and an occasional phone call on our cells. Sorry for the rant. It just makes me angry. I went to a homeroom parent meeting this week at Stefan's school and was told.......there is no parental involvement, they can't get volunteers, there are no tissues for the students....please send in a box, if you live less than 2 miles from school there is no bussing cough up $300 a year for subsidized bussing, there is no tape in any school in the district, there are no after school activities......are you seeing a pattern here. What exactly are our extreme property taxes paying for.....administration salaries and benefits.......and lots of excessive spending not directly enhancing the student life.....hello it's obvious isn't it? Bring it on! Did I mention eleven more months in New Jersey? North Carolina here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment